Dal-Bac specializes in all types of foam lamination products and pressure sensitive adhesives. We also specialize in helping Start Up companies and existing customers bring new products and ideas to the market.
When you have a new idea what you really need is a partner that will work with you to realize your vision. We love to do that and have had great success helping launch new products and brands.
Our central business is primarily soft goods converting and we have a range of capabilities to help develop new products and solutions.
- Experience: Dal-Bac has been converting a variety of soft goods since 1973. We have particular expertise in all areas of foam lamination creating a wide variety of composite solutions.
- Engineering: Our engineers can help you realize your vision and then create the manufacturing process to realize it. We can help you develop totally unique composite or adhesive solutions to meet the needs of your new idea. This includes developing prototypes that are designed with real production needs in mind.
- Supplier Network: New ideas frequently need unique material solutions and our extensive supplier network lets us source anything you need.
- Processes: as an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, process is a real priority for us. We can develop a completely new production process for your new product and then work to improve it and reduce your overall production costs.
- Value: A central premise at Dal-Bac is to help our customers reduce costs and improve yields. Our extensive knowledge about foam lamination products and pressure sensitive adhesive applications allows us to quickly plan for the right materials and leverage our existing manufacturing expertise.
- Shared investment: We recognize that product development can have significant costs. As a result we frequently work with Start Ups to reduce their costs by crediting some of the development cost against future sales.
If you are a Start Up company or just have a new idea requiring foam lamination, flexible laminated goods or pressure sensitive adhesives we would love to start a conversation.
Pressure Sensitive Adhesives, or “peel and stick” tapes are both loved and despised by consumers but often for the same reason! Take a tape that is used to secure a picture to the wall. The expectation is that the adhesive will securely hold that picture in place – pretty much forever = Love! However, what happens if you hang the picture in the wrong spot and then cannot get the adhesive off the picture or the wall = Hate!
Part of this is that consumers do not really understand the complexity and sophistication that is required to create a pressure sensitive adhesive that will measure up to expectations by sticking to two potentially different surfaces. Their expectation is that the adhesive is going to work and hold as expected, unless they decide to move it.
How Dal-Bac Gets it Right
Making sure our products can meet customer expectations is a core value at Dal-Bac. Our ISO 9001:2015 certification means that we are dedicated to:
- Exceeding our customers expectations
- Improving our processes to create better value for our customers
To achieve this we start by making sure that we completely understand what our customer needs their pressure sensitive adhesive to accomplish:
- How long is that picture expected to stay on the wall?
- What exactly are the surfaces to which the adhesive is expected to anchor?
- What environmental conditions will the adhesive encounter?
Our engineers and process teams use the answers to these questions to determine the best pressure sensitive adhesive solution for each customer application. This can involve:
- Defining the anchoring expectations
- Developing adhesive options
- Recognizing disparities between target and primary substrates
- Utilizing specialized production techniques
With our background in pressure sensitive adhesives, we can help make adhesive recommendations that bridge the gaps between what is desired and what is possible.
A Proprietary Process
Because we are committed to improving value in our internal processes, we are always looking for better and more efficient ways to produce exceptional results. As part of our extensive work with pressure sensitive adhesives, we have a developed a proprietary technique that can sometimes allow us to forego corona treating or the development of a double-sided solution. Both of these methods can require additional time and costs that may not be absolutely necessary.
By experimenting with alternate materials and approaches, we have worked out a means to boost the anchorage of our pressure sensitive adhesives to some problematic substrates. We can examine the serviceability of this process for challenging applications and determine if it adds value to your product.
Flame lamination is one of the core services at Dal-Bac Manufacturing. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company we take great pride in exceeding our customers expectations. Our goal is to help our customers reduce costs and improve yields.
Achieving our goals is simply all about helping you achieve yours. That is why we are well known for creating custom solutions to customer challenges. We use our array of services, including flame lamination, to find the most efficient and economical answer to specific challenges.
Flame lamination is at the center of many of our solutions for many very good reasons:
- Lower costs
- Highly efficient process
- An extensive array of available substrates can be used as long as the core material is flame laminable
- It does not require adhesive which make flame lamination an eco-friendly solution
- Composites can be created with multiple layers
- Variable thickness of the final composites up to a maximum of .75 inches
While we certainly do a lot of straightforward flame lamination production we really shine when our customers are not exactly sure what solution they need. In these cases our engineering and productions teams work closely with you to identify what you need and how to efficiently make it happen. Services we provide along the way include:
Helping identify the exact requirements for the final composite
- Determining the best combination of materials to meet your specific needs
- Developing the best production process to efficiently produce your product
- Assisting with materials sourcing from our partner network
- Prototype development
- Process testing
Our flame lamination experience covers a wide range of industries including:
- Orthopedic padding
- Automotive interiors
- Thermal and acoustical insulation
- Flexible Beverage Insulating Laminates – (koozies)
- Intimate apparel
- Medical disposables
- Sports equipment
We welcome challenges and are committed to exceeding your expectations. Please ask us if you need some specialized solutions to your converting challenges!
Dal-Bac’s central mission is to exceed our customer’s expectations. That is why we are ISO 9001:2015 certified. However, we need great people to make sure that our processes and values are delivered to our customers. That is why we have people like Ruben Duran on our team.
Ruben Duran joined Dal-Bac with over 25 years of experience in the Automotive Industry working on a array of leading brands:
- General Motors
His background includes roles in customer service, business development, product launch, program management, purchasing, quality assurance and sales. This varied background fits perfectly with what Dal-Bac needs to provide exceptional service and results to our customers.
Education is a key part of Ruben’s story. He combines a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering with an MBA focused on project management. That foundation is very valuable in helping customers define their needs and working with our engineering and production teams to deliver it.
Ruben is bilingual and continues to play a substantial role in our growing business in Mexico. He is also the primary Dal-Bac point of contact for a group of key customers. Ruben’s customers tend to need new our customized solutions that take advantage of his specialized capabilities.
Ruben can help you create the product or solution you need utilizing our extensive array of converting services:
- Both Solvent and water based across a wide array of substrate
- Knife-over-roll and Meyer Rod coating methods
- Flame lamination
- One side, two sides or multi-layer composites
- Specializing in custom solutions and applications
- Thermal Fusing
- Controlled melting
- Two to multiple layers
- Specialty services
- Die cutting
- Narrow-web screen printing
We are happy to create prototypes and explore new solutions for our customers. Teammates like Ruben Duran allow us to welcome challenging opportunities and exceed our customer’s expectations.
Dal-Bac Manufacturing deploys its advanced coating technologies across a variety of industries. Anti-fog coatings are one of our specialty services. These coatings are designed to deter moisture condensation on the coated surface to allow for clear visibility in a variety of environments. Anti-fog coatings are used for see-through panels and for a wide range of visors and protective eyewear.
Our advanced coating technologies allow us to apply anti-fog coatings to a number of different films including:
The coating is typically applied in a very thin layer to insure optimum visual clarity. Anti-fog coatings range from low-end water-based formulations for limited use applications too much more permanent, two part mixtures for products with long life requirements. Generally, the anti-fog coating is applied to comparatively thin films that are continuously processed from roll to roll.
Most of our anti-fog coating services utilize a Meyer rod coating system that allows us to precisely control the application of very thin surface coatings. Our process is engineered to deliver coatings in a precise layer from .001” to .005”.
Dal-Bac’s advanced coating technologies include applying both solvent and water-borne coatings to ensure the best possible result for our customers. Our engineering team works with our customers to make certain that the substrate and coating are exactly what is needed to meet specific requirements. We also provide custom formulations to meet unique customer needs.
As an ISO 9001: 2015 company, Dal-Bac takes pride in our robust quality management system that is designed to help us continuously improve and exceed customer expectations. Our process ensures that everything from the raw materials to the final product will meet or exceed customer requirements. Our inspection process includes:
- Coating thickness
- Coating weight
- Residual solvents/water
- Bond strength
We are able to turn most coating projects within a 2 – 4 week window and would welcome the opportunity to put our advanced coating technologies to work on your next project.
Medical fabrics play an important role in healthcare and there is a growing need for innovative fabric solutions for use in specific medical environments and treatment modalities. Dal-Bac specializes in creating custom medical fabric lamination solutions to meet a broad range of specifications. Requirements for medical fabrics can include:
- • Absorbency
- • Padding capability
- • Durability and strength
- • Flexibility
- • Softness
- • Moisture and air permeability (breathability)
- • Moisture and air barrier
- • Safe for direct skin contact
- • Biodegradability
Dal-Bac Manufacturing is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company with extensive experience with the composites used in medical fabrics and a core commitment to exceeding our customer’s expectations. The combination of our ISO 9001: 2015 processes and our laminating, fusing and coating expertise and experience allow us to produce medical fabric solutions that deliver exceptional performance and results. Our product range currently includes:
- • Padding composites for orthopedic and orthotic appliances
- • Disposable surgical masks
- • Skin contact sensor materials
- • Laminates for fluid collection pouches
- • Skin contact pressure sensitive adhesive products
With our in-house engineering capabilities we take great pride in our ability to craft custom solutions for our customers. Our medical fabrics are created from a wide range of original fabrics and materials including:
- • Hook-compatible loop knits
- • Non-woven fabrics
- • Anti-microbial fabrics
- • Enhanced wicking fabrics
- • Mesh fabrics
- • Stretch knits
- • Foam laminates
- • Coatings for both barrier and permeable solutions
Our team loves to exceed customer expectations and is ready to address your needs. If you have a unique challenge that requires creative thinking, engineering and production expertise – give Dal-Bac a try!
Fabric lamination is a core service at Dal-Bac manufacturing. We recognize the critical importance of safeguarding our customer’s investments in expensive, and often fragile, fabrics. Meticulous processes and attention to detail are necessary to consistently deliver exceptional fabric lamination results.
A key part in a successful fabric lamination project is a clear understanding of what our customer needs to accomplish. Notice that we say “needs” instead of “wants” because our purpose is to exceed your expectations with the best possible solution. Our engineering and production teams need to know the performance characteristics your fabric composites require:
- • Fire protection
- • Liquid protection
- • Moisture barrier
- • Heat tolerance
- • Acoustic barrier
- • Flexibility
- • Strength
Once we understand the required performance characteristics we can recommend the best approach to deliver them. Our solutions include:
- • Specific adhesives
- • Barrier materials
- • Backing solutions
- • Downstream production solutions
At its core, fabric lamination combines two or more, layers of fabric into a single composite that is superior to a single fabric. Fabric lamination creates composite fabrics that are typically more durable, versatile, stronger and water-resistant. Dal-Bac utilizes two different methods for fabric lamination:
- • Flame Lamination: Flame lamination passes a foam layer, or other flame laminable grade of material, over an open flame to create a thin tacky layer of melted material on the surface of the layer. A secondary fabric is quickly brought into contact with the heated layer to create a tight bond under controlled tension and pressure. The resulting composite can be a single, double or multi-layer laminate.
- • Thermal Fusing: Allows us to bond thin flexible materials, such as fabrics, in situations where wet adhesives are not practical. Our thermal fusing process bonds materials in a continuous roll-to-roll fashion. By carefully controlling temperature, pressure, dwell time and selecting the best adhesive substrate, we create finished products with enhanced durability and performance.
Dal-Bac Manufacturing Company is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company dedicated to exceeding customer expectations. We are experts in creating custom fabric lamination solutions for a wide range of industries. Contact us about your fabric lamination needs.
At Dal-bac manufacturing, one of our specialties is the coating of pressure sensitive adhesives. These products are often referred to as “peel and stick” adhesives or “sticky back tapes”. Pressure sensitive adhesives, or PSA’s, are versatile, adaptable and can be used for a wide variety of applications across a broad range of expected conditions. Continue reading
Fabric laminates are composites comprised of two or more layers, at least one of which is a textile fabric. The layers are bound together by either: Continue reading
At Dal-Bac, creating custom foam lamination solutions has always been a big part of our business. The reason is that foams are very versatile materials that can be combined in a wide variety of ways to create solutions to very specific product challenges. While we have worked with cross-linked polyethylene foams, polystyrene foams, vinyl-nitrile sponges, EVA sponges and other expanded Continue reading