Flame Lamination composites are efficient, reliable and deliver exceptional value. The core process involves passing a substrate (primarily polyurethane foam) across an open flame to create a thin tacky layer of melted polymer. This layer is then brought into contact with another substrate under controlled pressure and tension to create a cohesive bond between the layers. Flame Lamination can also create multiple – layer composites including sandwiching a foam layer between decorative or technical materials.
At Dal-Bac Manufacturing, Inc. we utilize flame lamination to create custom composites for a wide array of products and industries:
- Orthopedic padding
- Automotive interiors
- Thermal and acoustical insulation
- Flexible Beverage Insulating Laminates – (koozies)
- Intimate apparel
- Medical disposables
- Sports equipment
Our technical team works with our customers to help determine:
- The best combination of materials to meet your specific needs
- The most efficient production process for your product
We also help our customers with prototype development and process testing.
As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, our focus is on exceeding your expectations. Our specialty is creating customized solutions for our customers using the expertise of our technical, engineering, production and supply teams.
We are proponents for flame lamination composites because they:
- Do not require adhesives, which lowers the costs and makes the product easier to recycle.
- Have a faster throughput than other laminating techniques, which improves efficiency and lowers costs.
- Can be used to create multi-layer composites with a laminate on one side or both sides of the core material.
- Can be made from a wide variety of materials as long as the core material is flame laminable.
- Can have variable thickness and in many cases the bond between layers will add no appreciable thickness.
Please let us know if you are looking for either a straight forward or custom lamination solution. Our team would be happy to tackle your project.