Foam lamination is a process that creates flexible foam composites from a wide variety of materials:
- Outer/inner layers
The composites are then put to work across a range of industries for a wide assortment of products:
- Orthopedic devices and braces
- Soft interior surfaces for automotive products
- Exterior covers for recreational equipment
- Thermal insulation materials
- Acoustical insulation materials
- Die cut promotional products – “We’re #1!”
- Beverage insulation products
- Intimate apparel
- Disposable medical padding and bandages
- Safety equipment
- Protective helmets
- Saddle pads
- Gym mats
- And many more….
Dal-Bac manufacturing has been creating custom foam lamination solutions for over 25 years and we specialize in creating new solutions and processes that deliver exceptional value. Central to our success is our engineering department and extensive supplier network.
Our engineering team works closely with our customers to create specifications for the final foam composite. We start by clearly understanding your needs and defining any specific features that may be required including:
- Overall thickness of the final composite
- Padding capability
- Flexibility and stretch
- Comfort – including the composite’s “hand”
With all the requirements in hand we work with our supplier network to identify and source materials and then develop the foam lamination process:
- Flame Lamination – This process allows us to create double-sided composites where the foam is sandwiched between a combination of decorative or technical materials. A key benefit of flame lamination is that it eliminates the need for adhesive and the risk of adhesive creep and bond failure.
- Thermal Fusing – allows us to bond flexible materials in a continuous roll-to-roll manner. By carefully controlling temperature, pressure and dwell, and selecting the best adhesive solution, we create strong bonds between foams and target materials to create bonds that stand up under any environmental extreme.
We are known for utilizing custom elements and processes to make sure our foam lamination solutions exceed your expectations. As an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company we are dedicated to continuously improving our processes and systems to insure that we exceed your expectations.
If you have a foam lamination challenge – Dal-Bac is ready to solve it for you. Contact me to start a conversation: